We took our Bi-weekly trip to the library and came home with only cookbooks for me. LOL I failed to write a list of books for my oldest daughter to read and she refused to look for any. Our conversation went like this on the way home:
- Dd: Mom, did you ever have a favorite series to read?
- Mom: Yes, but I can’t remember what they were. (I remember the author, but I don’t think they are books I’d let my daughter read)
- Dd: Were YOU ever BANNED from reading your FAVORITE books?!
- Mom: No, but I didn’t read the books over and over and over and over. You need to go beyond Redwall.
- Dd: Well, (2nd daughter), got Sweet Valley AGAIN, why don’t you ban her books?
- Mom: Because she is just now reading on her own and I am not going to stop her. Besides, this is her first time reading the series.
I secretly rolled my eyes.
We did buy some books, that she has read this week.
David Liningstone, Africa’s Trailblazer, by Janet & Geoff Benge
Rachel Saint, A Star in the Jungle, by Janet & Geoff Benge
George Muller, The Guardian of Bristol’s Orphans, by Janet & Geoff Benge
My son did receive three more Henty books that I ordered at our homeschool convention. They arrived on Monday or Tuesday and he only has one left to read. They are:
With Frederick the Great, A Tale of the Seven Years War, by G.A. Henty
One of the 28th, A tale of Waterloo, by G.A.Henty
Out with Garibaldi, A Tale of the Liberation of Italy, by G.A. Henty
For more book list visit The Happy Housewife