- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt dash of pepper
- 4 whole boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 cup fine dry unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil 4 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 TB parsley dash of garlic powder
- 2 TB butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
Combine eggs, salt, and pepper. Dip chicken breasts in eggs, then into bread crumbs. Heat oil in electric skillet to 360 and brown chicken on both sides and remove to casserole dish. Stir tomato sauce and herbs in pan. Heat until boiling and then simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in butter and pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake for 30 minutes on 325. Uncover, put Mozzarella cheese on top and bake for 10 minutes uncovered.
Serves 6 to 8.